Monday, March 15, 2010

Miami - Escopazzo

Escopazzo Italian Restaurant in Miami. It is an organic, sustainable restaurant in the main part of South Beach. It is a quick walk from Ocean Boulevard, which is the street that runs along the beach. I thought Escopazzo was very good, with a very nice ambiance and great service. I had read a number of reviews before we went there, which rated it excellent, but I would only rate it pretty good. Surprisingly, there were very few organic restaurants in Miami, and this was one of three in South Beach. It was fairly expensive as well.

I started with a zucchini salad, which was zucchini with a cold tomato sauce on it, which I did not like. I had the fish bouillabaisse for dinner which was very tasty but I was still hungry after finishing it, so I think they needed to include a huge chunk of break in the stew, which is traditionally how it is served. We split a chocolate dessert which was ok. The Italian wine I had with dinner was excellent and reasonably priced. I was with two friends at Escopazzo and I think they both enjoyed their main entree, Rose had the pork loin and Vicki the cheesy rice, both very good and we had a great time. To sum up Escopazzo, not as good as the restaurant we went to the night before, the Nexxt Cafe (correct spelling) on Lincoln Road in Miami,(not organic) and Escopazzo was more expensive.

1 comment: